IASTM treatments were developed by experienced medical professionals through years of detailed research. The use of these tools and their effectiveness has been scientifically validated over and over again.
IASTM is another option to resolve pain and tightness in the body. This approach to fascia work reduces friction which allows a preciseness, sensitivity and depth that cannot be accomplished with the hands, knuckles elbows etc.
IASTM instruments make it easier to detect and treat fascial dysfunction. They magnify the abnormalities (scars, restrictions and adhesions) in the fascia and make it easier to locate the area to treat. Using a tool focuses the force through an area smaller then your finger with less friction. This allows a more efficient treatment. The goal is to trigger an inflammatory healing response. This will stimulate the production of new collagen and proper, more functional, less painful healing.
Benefits of IASTM
- Decreases overall time of treatment
- Allows faster rehabilitation/recovery
- Reduces need for anti-inflammatory medication
- Resolves chronic conditions thought to be permanent
- Clients can continue to engage in everyday activities
Common Issues Treated
- Cervical sprain/strain (neck pain)
- Lumbar sprain/strain (back pain)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (wrist pain)
- Plantar Fasciitis (foot pain)
- Lateral Epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- Medial Epicondylitis (golfer’s elbow)
- Rotator Cuff Tendinitis (shoulder pain)
- Patellofemoral Disorders (knee pain)
- Achilles Tendinitis (ankle pain)
- Scar Tissue
- Trigger Finger
- Shin Splints